Saturday, February 11, 2012

Some things you just don't change...

A couple of months ago, I was able to score some amazing Farmhouse
finds that I posted lots of pictures of here.


Do you remember seeing this cute little cupboard?


I ho-hummed around some different ideas of what to do
with it, but nothing seemed quite right.

It was then that I realized
that I loved it just the way it was. . .this thing caught my eye
the second I looked in the barn. . .white, chippy, and beautiful :)


So I kept it just the way it was. . .


I actually did make a few changes. . .I sanded and sprayed a clear coat
to prevent any possible lead poisoning since it's a very old piece. . .


The other thing is I traded out the hardware with these from
Hobby Lobby, and painted them antique white with
some minor distressing. . .




I have a special place in my heart for the "old farmer" I got this from. . .
he is a dear friend whom I love and respect :)


"How many of us go through our
days parched and empty-
thirsting after happiness...
when we're really standing
knee deep in the river
of abundance?"
                        -Sarah Ban Breathnach


linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. I love that you aren't fixing the chippy that adds so much character. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so sweet. And I LOVE what you did with the HobLob hardware. Looks Fabulous!! Thank you bunches for linking up with up last week for Mop It Up Mondays at i should be mopping the floor! Hope you can join us again tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece of furniture! Love it a bunch

    So nice visiting with you tonight. A new follower....

    ReplyDelete